Check out these articles for information and different viewpoints for your discussion:
Here are three articles to focus your discussion (these are from fall 2017):
- Why Gun Control Loses (National Review)
- I Used to Think Gun Control Was the Answer (Washington Post)
- We Must Curb Gun Violence (Daily Press)
Here are two more recent articles”
Net Neutrality is making young hearts everywhere break – but did you know that there is an argument against it, as it was implemented? So check out these three sources to provide you with some context, and start talking. One fact is for sure – no one is neutral about net neutrality!
If you have been keeping up with the news, you’ll want to host (or join) a discussion about our January topic – the First Amendment on College Campuses. But first, you’ll need some resources! We’ve curated 3 short articles for you to read as you prepare to host (or join) a discussion!
Here’s the 3 articles on a google doc: http://bit.ly/jan2018projectciv
Here they are listed separately:
- Chronicle of Higher Education: https://www.chronicle.com/article/The-New-Censorship-on-Campus/240269
- LA Times: http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-nielsen-free-speech-hate-20170621-story.html
- CNN- http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/us/campus-free-speech-trnd/index.html